Dominion Energy - Strategic Underground Program
PROJECT NUMBERS: Holmes Run Dr. (10231255) and Executive Ave. (10231791)
DOMINION ENERGY CONTACTS
Julia Mathers - Communications Coordinator
CONTRACTOR - PRIMORIS CONTACTS
Jay Gossage - Customer Relations
EASEMENTS - CONTACT - JEFF CARON - (517) 242-4367
Project update: December 7, 2021 (from dominion)
Project number 10231255 - Holmes Run Dr.
Project number 10231791 - Executive Ave.
REQUEST FROM DOMINION - "Primoris has started with the overhead facilities removal for the Holmes Run section and will continue to move forward through the neighborhood with the Executive Ave customers still being slated to begin on Sept. 21, as long as the crews can complete each scheduled day of removals without delay. There have been some customers that have stopped the crews and asked for their particular service to be completed next and some of those homes have been slated for removal later in the process. When the crews are pulled to other homes that are not in that day’s removal schedule, it delays the crews in removing the overhead facilities for those scheduled customers, and delays the entire overhead removal process . . . the contractor is working diligently to remove the overhead facilities and will need to stick with their daily schedule, in order to remove all overhead facilities in a timely manner. We understand that everyone is eager to have the overhead facilities removed from their property and we are working as quickly as possible to get to each customer’s home."
DOMINION eNERGY - HRA - UPDATE - aPRIL 19, 2021 - pRESENTATION
plantings around transformers
A homeowner is free to plant any plants they wish around the transformer as long as they leave the necessary clear space around the transformer (at least 3' from the back and sides of the equipment and 10' from the front, please see the above images). If for any reason in the future Dominion would need to access the transformer and it was covered in vegetation Dominion would have to remove the vegetation needed for a safe work space. Ornamental grasses make a good choice for planting around the transformer because if Dominion did have to chop it down to access the transformer the grass would just grow back.
Questions from hra
- Is there a project plan that outlines estimated completion dates by specific street & house number?
- We do not have a project plan and timeline for each street. There are too many changing factors for us to commit to such a plan.
- How are we to know when the electrical drop from the pole to our house will be disconnected?
- You will be notified by door hanger with 24 hours notice on when we plan to cutover your service. If anyone has concerns about that time they can contact James Clark our construction foreman to coordinate a time that works 804-761-8396, typically this is a 2-4 hour outage.
- Will this be done at the same time the new wiring collage coming out of the ground at our meter is connected to the meter?
- Yes this is done at the same time.
- At what point, will the job be considered complete?
- The project is not considered complete until we have removed all of our overhead facilities and restoration has been completed on all customers property.
- Flags marking utilities - When can they be removed and who should be removing them? The homeowner or Dominion?
- Once your service has been cutover from overhead to underground, the homeowner can remove the utility marking flags.
- Dominion Energy - Strategic Underground Program
- Dominion Energy - Strategic Underground Program - FAQs
- Dominion Energy - Check on the Status of a Project [Use either project number 10231255 (Holmes Run Dr.) or 10231791 (Executive Ave.)]